Blog

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Brain Receptacle in 2011

Thanks to some recent developments in my personal life, I have been taking stock and reevaluating my life as is and as it is going to be.

While there are some things I am pleased with (JOB!!!), I find myself dissatisfied with other aspects of my life. Chief among them, I don't believe I have developed my creativity as much as I would have liked, especially when it comes to this blog and other manifestations of my online persona.

I just look around at some of my favorite Web haunts and think "I have a great idea for this," or "I wish I could have done that". It feels as though I am still playing catch-up with the rest of the internet. Maybe if I had started delving in it sooner, I wouldn't feel so left behind.

I recently started reading this book "ADD and Creativity" by Dr. Lynn Weiss, Ph.D. It has helped me realize a number of things about myself that I didn't know or refused to believe. Number one among those things is that I can be just as creative and entertaining as anyone, and that I shouldn't let 20-some odd years of "mismanagement" (not fair to call it anything worse) by family and friends keep me in the same self-loathing rut I have been in.

So starting January 1st, I will take on a quite monumental task: I am going to post at least once a day, EVERYDAY, for a WHOLE YEAR. Sometimes I may stock up for a week and take a breather, and sometimes I may only manage a Twitter update. But dammit, I am going to do it.

But I will need your help. Yes, you, random or not-so-random blog reader. I need feedback. I need to know I am not just screaming into the darkness here. I ask you to respond, as positively as your blackened hearts can muster. This is important. I wouldn't ask this if it wasn't.

I am tired of talking to myself because nobody around me is interested in what I have to say. I want to have a conversation. I want to engage.

 

And most of all, I want to have some purpose.

 

Even if it is merely to make your day go by a few minutes faster.

 

Thank you,

Vermillion

0 brain pickings:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...