Blog

Monday, June 02, 2008

What...the....F-CK?!?!?!!

My mind is officially blown.

Listen, I have only seen at most two episodes of Grey's Anatomy. It is just not my cup of tea. But that did not stop me from appreciating the talents of Ms. Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres, the unreasonably-unlucky-in-love surgeon who, despite the blatantly ill-advised marriage to that dorky looking George dude.



This even led me to mention her as one of my favorite Hotties in my Book. Plus, there is the underwear dancing.



So imagine my surprise when, after following a series of links starting at Pajiba and ending up on AfterEllen.com and their Hot 100 List (which is, by the way, loads better than Maxim or FHM and their meathead attempts), and found this little tidbit:

The woman who made perhaps the biggest jump in rank this year is actress Sara Ramirez, who rose from No. 80 in 2007 to No. 9 in 2008, proving that playing gay can be good for your career! (OK, so the voting was closed before her character came out on Grey's, but we lesbians have excellent gaydar, even for fictional TV characters.)


"...wait a sec," I said, heart (as well as other body parts) about to rip though my clothes. "What is this about her playing gay? You mean...CALLIE CAME OUT?!?!?!!?!!" And yes, you could hear the question and exclamation points in my voice at the time.

AfterEllen helpfully linked to their article discussing the Grey's Season finale where this senses-shattering (in my opinion) event happened. Following the article to its logical conclusion, I saw this:



Good God Almighty.

It doesn't hurt that the lucky recipient of Callie's loving is played by Brooke Smith, who I have found quite attractive and intriguing all on her own, since seeing her in Series 7: The Contenders. Hmm, crushing on a woman after seeing her murder several people in cold blood while in advanced pregnancy. I fear I may be a bit weird.

So if you don't hear back from me right away, I'll...be in my bunk. Trust me, you don't want to ponder that any further.

Powered by ScribeFire.



P.S. We totally need a sequel to Series 7. It would be right up my alley. And possibly some of yours.

P.P.S. Thanks to AfterEllen for finding such a mind-blowing picture of Ms. Ramirez. I hope they don't mind me borrowing it for a little while.

0 brain pickings:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...