Blog

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Should I do it?

Watching the season highlight episode, I found out that next Saturday, November 10, there will be an open casting call for the next season of "Beauty and the Geek" here in Atlanta. I am considering at least trying out for it.

Pros: I get to be on television, which will feed my massive hunger for attention quite well. I will be in a house with more non-family women that I have probably talked to in my life up to this point. I might get a free trip to ComiCon next year. Hot women. I may actually learn something about myself. Hot Women. I could win $250,000. HOT WOMEN. I will get to meet new people. HOT WOMEN. I will have a ton of stuff to write about, either on the blog or as an essay about my expereinces.

Cons: HOT WOMEN IN CLOSE PROXIMITY. I will be feeding the reality show monster (yeah, it is only CW, but still). I am not that comfortable living with so many people like that. Not sure what I am allowed to bring beyond books and stuff. I may not even get cast.

So, what do you think? Should I give it a try?

Update: The card game the geeks were playing was Munchkin! They were playing fucking Munchkin!!! These guys rule!!!!

12 brain pickings:

  1. Sweet humping merciful baby Allah! Absolutely you should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double dog dare ya.

    I was THIS close to applying to be on "Colonial House" a few years back. Not just a reality show, but a PBS reality show, mind you. That's how big of a nerd I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, you should definitely go for it. I had my misgivings about this show when it first started, expecting it to be any combination of mean, dumb, or unnecessarily dramatic, but I was surprised to find that it was often amusing and surprisingly sweet when dealing with the socially awkward and retarded (respectively). You'd still have to deal with reality show crap, but c'mon...hot women! And even better, nerds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a second now, you're from Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel the need to reality whore, why not. Beauty and the Geek is no Pick Up Artist ( YUK!!). But if you are just wanting the proximity of hot women, why don't you transfer to UGA and spare yourself possible national public humiliation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO IT! (Of course, unless you have a very low tolerance for semi-plastic women and fear you will break out into hives for the duration of the show).

    I just ask you don't elope with one of them in case they take you to some kind of convention in Vegas. Nothing good comes out of reality show+elopement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes! Absolutely! Although if you get on the show you need to give me plenty of notice so that I can move to the States in time for it to air.

    There is no way in hell I would miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that you should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. salty: Should ahve known you would be on board. But let's get one thing straight, there will be no toe-sucking from me, got it?

    waitress: Yes, I am. Born and raised.

    Everyone else: No, don't be so coy. Tell me what you REALLY think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tagged you on my blog. Please read and tell us random things we can look forward to seeing when you become a big TV star.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear to Buddha that if you don't I will hunt you down like Jonah Hill and his dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...