Blog

Friday, July 13, 2007

Pop Culture Patron Saints

I came up with this little game when I was doing my bio. I was typing the part about Wil Wheaton being my patron saint, which got me pondering: who would be my other pop culture saints?

By the way, this would be a great Afternoon Comment Diversion (The Saints of Pajiba!) but if you do use it, please credit me.

St. Wil - Patron Saint of all things geekery (non-Star Wars related)

St. Seth - all things geekery (Star Wars related)

St. Aaron of Eckhart - illicit feelings of the love that cannot be named. Also of chin clefts.

St. Rosario -  all hopes for a girlfriend that is both into my geekery and possibly experimenting with other women.

St. Hayden - girls that are unfairly hot while being underage. Also, of girls with douchebag boyfriends (see also: St. Kim Porter).

St. Fererra - women who make me watch shows I would never think twice of considering if they were not on them.

St. Christian - actors who make the movies they are in ten times better than they have any right to be.

St. Cuthbert - vengeance and justice. And no, not Elisha.

St. Summer - lucky bastards that get to touch object of their affection from short-lived TV shows. Also, of crazy psychic people (see: Firefly, 4400).

That is about all I could think of right now. Who are some of yours?


Powered by ScribeFire.

5 brain pickings:

  1. St. Damon- Saint of being a non-celebrity celebrity who (unlike most) carefully chooses his movies instead of taking anything that pays. See also: Saint George.

    St. Cheadle - Patron Saint of flat-out coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Campbell - Saint of having IT. Also, of being hungry like a wolf. Saint of chins and boomsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is kind of great. Feel free to mock me for my choices.

    St. Ackles - Saint of fine fucking asses who make unwatchable things watchable. (See: Dark Angel, Smalville, sometimes Supernatural)

    St. Ryan (not Bryan) - Saint of overly prolific songwriters who still manage to make me cry.

    St. Mandy - Saint of celebrities who don't seem annoying to be around. Saint of female actresses who actually eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choices, carrie! And welcome about the crazy train!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...