Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Every Woman Needs A What Now?

A friend Facebooked a link to this article at The P.O.S.H. Life. In it, the author as the question that has plagued many a man looking for love: why do women always say they want "thugs"?



Who'd you rather?

It is a very good question, addressing an increasingly common remark that I have heard personally.

The article (and subsequent comments) suggests that this preference stems from a desire for security:

Now her requirements don’t scream thug to me it just seems like she wanted a little hit of bad boy, which doesn’t necessarily mean thug. We don’t want a man who hits us, or goes around calling us b***hes and hoes. We just want a little security and knowing that your man can take care of you. So instead of saying thug….maybe we mean provider?


And of course, the question falls on the kind of women we guys are approaching:

Not to knock on Jada, Yezzy, Lil Wayne and them…..but what grown woman on her grind really wants a thug? I have to say men, I think its your own fault. What kind of chicks are you running after that instantly throw out thug as their dream boat. Everything that glitters ain’t gold.


Now normally, they would both be fine points, except they don't take into account one little thing: that maybe the woman was wrong.

I am not trying to start any fights or anything, but hear me out. If we men are approaching the wrong women, could it also be possible that women are approaching the wrong men?

Seriously, who are these guys they claim to run away screaming at the first sign of trouble? I know I don't, and I am as far from a thug as one can possibly be. I amy not rock big ass chains or be covered in tattoos, but if someone approached a female in my company with an intent for violence, I would do everything in my power to rip off their goddamned head. That is just how I am.

And leads to another problem: why does the guy have to be ready to fight all the time? You think that would be annoying. A guy could sneeze the wrong way and suddenly you got World War III. Could it possibly be that some women are confusing an unwillingness to to start a fight as cowardice? Some guys want to settle things with more tact and less swinging fists. It doesn't mean they don't care about you; it is just that they have a brain and a disdain for disorderly conduct and assault charges.

It is ridiculous that some women continue to indulge in this fantasy of men fighting over them, when the truth is that it is hardly ever the case. Even the Trojan War was more about pride and riches than Helen, regardless of how hot she supposedly was. No guy, Harvard or hoodrat, fight for your ass. He fights because

a) he is trying to save his/your/somebody's life,
b) he is trying to save face,
c) he is getting paid, or
d) he is getting laid.

If it doesn't fall into one of those, then you are just crap out of luck.

Then again, maybe the dudes those commenters were dating were straight cowards. Or suddenly realized that they totally weren't worth it and broke out before they got jumped. Because the other thing women forget is that while that guy is on a date with only you, they asshole messing with you probably has equally assholish friends a stone's throw away. You think he is a punk now? Wait and see what a dozen or so punches and kidney bruises do to him.

Then again, what do I know? I am just a geek.

And, because now it is stuck in my head and I want you to suffer the same:



And in case you didn't play the video:

I am a man who will fight for your honor
I'll be the hero
that you're dreaming of
Gonna live forever knowing together
That we did
it all for the glory of love

Suffer!!! SUFFEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!

0 brain pickings:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...